ANNOUNCEMENT As we connected with our community for a theme that resonated this year, we noticed a collective desire to pause, rethink, and possibly reconfigure our lives. We heard it everywhere: people are questioning whether to stay in California, whether to keep an unfulfilling job, if they’ll have enough to retire, how we can have a more civil democracy, with almost everyone expressing a desire to find more meaning and purpose in everyday life.
So we have built our 1st in-person event in 2+ years around those questions.
FORMAT This show will be in a Salon lecture-style format. It will be live and in-person-only with an opportunity to ask questions of the speakers. A private after-party for attendees at a nearby lounge (off-site) will follow the show.
THE PROGRAM We will feature a pre-show lobby gathering with a few select companies on display and an OPEN WINE BAR. Then 4-5 speakers inside the beautiful theater followed by an off-site after party.
TOPICS we expect to cover:
- CALIFORNIA: Is it time to leave California? A deep dive into the future of our state especially the water crisis.
- MEANING: What are the best strategies for ensuring more meaning and purpose in our daily lives and work.
- DIVISIVENESS: There is new research from a massive study on lowering toxic civil discourse in our hyper-partisan democracy. There may be good news.
- NATURE AND AWE: A compelling look at scientific research showing the restorative powers of experiencing awe in the outdoors
- INTENTIONAL COMMUNITIES: What is behind this emerging national movement…. and what are the various types of communities to choose from.
- CONVERSATION/ The After-Party: Join the speakers, TEDxMarin Board members, and your fellow attendees at a private off-site after-party for post-show conversation and cocktails.
The final speaker program will be announced around Aug 1st.
TICKETS for SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 17th, 2022 at 6 pm. Tickets are available HERE
VOLUNTEERING: We are always interested in volunteers. Contact us
We host three types of events.
ANNUAL EVENT At our annual event, we present new TEDTalks on a variety of topics all within a broad-reaching theme to spark deeper conversations within our community.
SALONS Our TEDxSalons go deep into one specific topic, with insights from leaders in their field. These Salons promote thoughtful inquiry, broaden points of view, and include time for a moderated Question and Answer segment between our featured speakers and audience questions.
COMMUNITY GATHERINGS Our community gatherings sponsored by our Board of Advisors keep the local TED community connected “socially” when not dealing with Pandemics. At these events, we showcase local start-ups and non-profits at Tabletop Demos. Apply Here